Identification and protection of technological innovations is critical to maintain a competitive advantage.
Ludwig, APC offers end-to-end patent services, via its affiliated, USPTO-registered co-counsel. From patent prosecution, to strategic counseling, and complex, full-service patent litigation, our sophisticated patent prosecution and counseling services span multiple industries, including medical devices, biotech, consumer goods, consumer electronics, mechanical, electrical, and computer-implemented devices, and a host of others.
Identification and protection of technological innovations is critical for companies to maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Properly crafted patents can be the most prized and sought after assets of a new venture, which can then be leveraged to secure venture capital funding or litigation war chests. Moreover, a patent portfolio can be a significant game changer and part of a corporation’s overall valuation.
Offensive patenting includes drafting focused applications that target competitors in order to assert them against companies that use the patented technology and seek licenses from these companies in return for licensing revenue. Defensive patenting includes protecting specific products, product features, or future technologies of interest in order to give yourself a protected position in the marketplace, through the acquisition of patent rights to keep such patents out of the hands of companies that would assert them against you.
Ludwig, APC and its associates are adept in all facets of patent law, and offers a thorough collection of patent services, including:
- Prior art searches.
- Freedom to practice searches and opinions.
- Due diligence prior to patent acquisition.
- Strategic patent portfolio counseling, development and mining.
- Patent application preparation, filing, prosecution (e.g. office action responses) services for U.S. and international patents.
- Patent licensing agreements.
- Patent validity and infringement opinions.
- Reverse engineering counseling.
- Patent post-grant proceedings.
- Patent litigation in federal courts.
- Patent maintenance services.
- Design patent services.
Ludwig, APC’s patent prosecution practice enjoys worldwide support through our network of foreign associates. This enables us to service patent prosecution efforts globally, yet also provides our clients a local point of contact. The attorneys working with Ludwig, APC know the significance of developing and deploying a strong patent portfolio, in order to maintain a competitive edge. Among other things, an effective patent strategy incorporates creating, developing and managing a patent portfolio, which includes:
- Patent Auditing: What patents do you have? Which technologies are covered? Strengths and weaknesses of your patents;
- Competitor Analysis: Who are your competitors? Which technologies are covered? Strengths and weaknesses of competitors patents;
- Portfolio Development & Acquisition: Build on your core technology and new areas of interest; Patent acquisition; Technology in-licensing; and
- Streamline: Technology out-licensing; Patent sale; Patent lapse.
Furthermore, when enforcing patent rights is vital or defending against charges of patent infringement are looming, the experienced trial attorneys with Ludwig, APC are there for our clients. Our initial approach to patent litigation is early case assessment and effective use of alternative dispute resolution means through arbitration, mediation, and post-grant proceedings, such as ex parte reexamination, inter partes review (IPR), and post-grant review proceedings. Ludwig, APC’s trial team utilizes its technical acumen and trial skills to understand and navigate complex issues that are encountered throughout the course of a typical patent litigation.
Ask Our Team
We invite you to contact our office to speak with our legal team about your case.