Copyrights are valuable assets that can be leveraged.
Clients look to Ludwig APC to help them understand, protect, and leverage their original works covered by the United States Copyright Act. They know that properly understanding and managing their copyrightable content is essential, especially nowadays when digital works can be shared and disseminated with easy via mobile devices and other connected technologies.
Copyright assets can be leveraged in the marketplace in a multitude of ways, such as controlling the right to reproduce and make copies, preparing derivative works from existing works, distributing copies of the works by sale, rental, lease, or lending; and even publicly performing and displaying the works.
Companies and individuals that carefully safeguard and manage these rights can reap tremendous rewards, while those who fail to protect themselves leave to chance the question of ownership, title, and the right to license.
Ludwig APC offers a comprehensive suite of copyright services, working with clients to build and protect powerful and prosperous copyright portfolios by . . .
- Preparing copyright applications, filing, and registering
- Developing copyright registration policies and procedures
- Drafting copyright licensing agreements, including work-made-for-hire agreements
- Creating a copyright licensing program
- Providing counsel on the fair use of copyrighted content
- Advising on the anti-circumvention and safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)
- Litigating on behalf of clients in state and federal courts to enforce copyright or defend against charges of infringement
- Recording copyrights with the customs office in the U.S. and abroad.