Andy Kubik has been litigating complex class action cases since 2006. His cases have involved some of the largest corporations in the world, including claims for false advertising, shareholder rights, securities fraud, violations of antitrust laws, unfair competition, defective products, privacy, and international telecommunications fraud.
Andy was part of the lead counsel team that represented purchasers of Bosch front-load washing machines alleging a defect that resulted in mold and mildew build-up inside the washers, No. 10-00711 (C.D. Cal). The case was certified as a class action by District Judge David O. Carter, and BSH Home Appliances Corporation appealed the decision to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and United States Supreme Court. After extensive expert discovery and contentious motion practice, a settlement was reached on the eve of trial valued at $35 million.
Andy has also obtained favorable results for consumers in cases involving defective Electrolux refrigerators, defective Maytag dishwashers manufactured by Whirlpool, and therapeutic heating pads marketed by Kaz Inc.
Additional Career Highlights
- $175 million settlement in antitrust case Comes v. Microsoft Corp., No. CL82311 (D. IA)
- $137.5 million settlement in securities fraud case Carpenters Health & Welfare Fund v. The Coca-Cola Co., No. 00-2838 (N.D. Ga.);
- $48 million settlement in the antitrust case In re Reformulated Gasoline (RFG) Antitrust & Patent Litigation, No. 05-01671 (C.D. Cal.);
- $1.95 million settlement in Dance v. Levit Corp. Securities Litigation
- $75 million settlement In Re Wachovia Securities Litigation
- Ticho v. Budget Rent-a-Car Systems, which resulted in a settlement consisting of a 100% refund of unfair fees to class members.
Andy is a graduate of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, British Columbia and California Western School of Law in San Diego. He resides in Carmel Valley, California with his wife and two children.
Outside the office, Andy is an avid mountain biker and bicycle mechanic. He also enjoys surfing, skiing, hiking, gardening, brewing beer, and exploring the road less travelled.
- Western School of Law
- University of British Columbia
- United State Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California